Saturday, May 18, 2013

6:37 AM

The past year has been a whirlwind of change.  New house, new job, new city, but some things just never change.

Monday through Friday I get up at 6:30am feed the dog, make coffee, take him out and begin the day.

Saturday and Sunday I would love to sleep until, say, 7am but no such luck.

In the life of The Dog there is no Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc. 

There is just Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4...Day 1567

And they all start, you guessed it, at 6:30am.

So as much as I would've liked to sleep in this Saturday morning, instead I was up at 6:37am, feeding the dog and making coffee.

Because some things just never change.

2 comments:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

You just reminded me why I don't want a dog. :-)

Masshole Mommy said...

Sounds pretty familiar. Except my days usually start around 5:30 am, so I am pretty jealous of that extra hour of sleep you get.